MCQ on State Reorganisation Act PDF: Aspirants should read State Reorganisation Act 1956 General knowledge notes.
01. The State Reorganization Commission was formed in 1953 to reconsider the demand for language-based state formation, which was led by –
(a) Fazal Ali
(b) KM Panikker
(C) H. N. Kunjakar
(d) M. C. Mahajana
02. The first commission was formed in India in 1948 to examine the issue of state restructuring on the basis of language, which was led by –
(a) Justice Wangchu
(b) Justice M. C. Mahajana
(C) Justice SK Dhar
(d) Justice P. N. Bhagwati
03. Which of the following is not a Union Territory of India?
[WBCS. (Prelim) 05]
(a) Andaman and Nicobar Islands
04. The State Reorganization Act of 1956 divides the whole country
(a) Into 22 States and 9 Union Territories
(b) Into 14 States and 6 Union Territories
(c) Into 17 States and 7 Union Territories
(d) Into 24 States and 4 Union Territories
05. According to which article of the constitution, a new state can be formed?
(a) Article 1
(b) Article 2
(c) Article 3
(d) Article 4
06. The Indian Parliament may create a new state or change its name and boundaries –
(a) with a two-thirds majority
(b) with a three-fourths majority
(C) with a four-fifths majority
(d) with the simple majority
07. The state of Chhattisgarh was formed by breaking up which state?
[UPSC. (Prelim) 06]
(b) Madhya Pradesh
(c) Uttar Pradesh
04. In which year did Sikkim become part of India?
[WBCS. (Prelim) 06]
09. Currently, in India
(a) There are 27 States and 9 Union Territories
(b) There are 27 States and 8 Union Territories
(c) There are 28 States and 8 Union Territories
(d) There are 28 States and 9 Union Territories
10. After the independence of India, states are reorganized on the basis of language –
[WBCS. (Prelim) 06, PSC 01]
(a) In 1947
(b) In 1951
(c) In 1956
(d) In 1966
11. When was the recommendation of the State Reorganization Commission implemented in West Bengal?
[WBCS Prelim 06]
12. The right to form new states or to change the boundaries of existing states is vested to ______ in the Constitution of India.
(a) The President
(c) Election Commission
(d) Supreme Court
13. Which constitutional amendments give Sikkim the status of a state of India?
[WBCS. (Prelim) 99, PSC 04]
14. In which year did Sikkim become the 22nd state of India?
[P. S. C. Miscellaneous (Prelim) 99]
15. Which is the 28th state of India?
16. Which is the first Indian state to be created on the basis of language after a long movement?
[WBCS (prelim) 09, 11]
(a) Andhra Pradesh
(c) Tamil Nadu
17. Which of the following information is correct?
(a) The proposal to enact a law relating to the change of size and name of the State and the formation of a new State may be raised in either House of Parliament with the approval of the President.
(b) Like any other general law, the law relating to the change of name/boundary/size of a state is passed by a simple majority in both the Houses of Parliament.
(c) In the case of State Name / Boundary / Size Change Act, the concerned Legislative Assembly should be given an opportunity to express their views, but in the case of Union Territories, it is not mandatory to give an opportunity to the concerned Legislative Assembly to give their opinion.
(d) All of the above
|Name||Reorganization Act 1956 MCQ PDF|
|Number of MCQs||17|
|File Size||788 KB|
|Price||Free (Rs. 29 soon)|
|Exams||UPSC, IAS, PCS, State PSC, NDA, Railway, Banking, SSC, CDS, WBCS, Etc.|