Uttarakhand, a state in northern India, is known for its stunning natural beauty and is home to several national parks and wildlife sanctuaries.
What is a National Park?
National Parks are basically an area of the countryside protected by the state or the central govt. for the enjoyment of the general public or the preservation of wildlife under sec.35. or sec.38 or deemed, under sub-section (3) of sec.66.
Uttarakhand is a beautiful state in India, with amazing landscapes, mountains, and hills. There are many famous national parks situated here like Corbett, and Gangotri national parks. Here the famous and important parks are listed. These are very important as general knowledge for various job examinations like railway, SSC, CGL, and banking. So we need to remember these national parks.
List of National Parks in Uttarakhand
|Area sq km
|Jim Corbett National Park
|Gangotri National Park
|Nanda Devi National Park
|Asiatic black bear, snow leopard, brown bear
|Govind National Park
|Stepp golden black Eagle, bearded vulture
|Valley of Flowers National Park
|Rajaji National Park
|Haridwar, Dehradun, Pauri Garhwal
» Jim Corbett National Park is one of the finest and most famous parks in India. It is famous for its large number of tigers. Nanda Devi National Park is situated at the highest altitude among all the national parks in India and it is surrounded by seven peaks. It is a paradise for nature lovers.
- Jim Corbett National Park: Established in 1936, it is the oldest national park in India and is located in the Nainital district. It is famous for its diverse flora and fauna, including the Bengal tiger.
- Valley of Flowers National Park: Situated in the Chamoli district, this national park is renowned for its alpine flowers and meadows. It was declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 2005.
- Nanda Devi National Park: Another UNESCO World Heritage Site, Nanda Devi National Park is known for its unique biodiversity. The park is named after the Nanda Devi peak, one of the highest in India.
- Rajaji National Park: Spread across the Haridwar, Dehradun, and Pauri Garhwal districts, Rajaji National Park is known for its diverse ecosystems and is home to various species of flora and fauna, including elephants and tigers.
- Govind Pashu Vihar Wildlife Sanctuary: Located in the Uttarkashi district, this sanctuary is part of the Govind Wildlife Sanctuary and National Park. It is known for its high-altitude wildlife and scenic landscapes.